10 Kinds of People Having a Great Century
When history books write about our times they’ll call it the “Golden Age” of communication. Internet, digital movies and music, television, FaceTime, Skype, cell phones, social media and more. But there are nine more groups who are also having one hell of a century so far:
2. Women. Many are seeing increased employment opportunities because of No. 1, but all kidding aside, it’s never been a better time to be a woman on planet Earth. For safety, education, quality of living, freedom, etc.
3. Television viewers. Who needs plays and concerts and movies when the stuff coming through the boob tube is so damn good!?
4. Nerds. Comic book movies, ComiCon, LOTR, Game of Thrones, smart phones, Reddit, Hipsters, cosplays, video games, Star Trek, Star Wars — being nerdy couldn’t be cooler. We win; game over.
5. Women who look good in tight pants.
6. Music fans. iTunes, Spotify, Pandora, iPods, headphones, live streaming, digital downloads, Youtube, Soundcloud, Reverbnation and all the ways bands have to promote performances.
7. The Fuzz. The planet has never been a safer place and law enforcement has never before been so well trained and well equipped.
8. Narcissists. Selfies, Twitter, blogs, photo galleries, Instagram, Facebook, Foursquare — and all the other ways you can tell people what you’re doing, thinking and feeling whether they care or not.
9. Procrastinators. Reddit, Buzzfeed, TheChive, BroBible, Hulu, Netflix, Huffington Post, Fark, Wikipedia and all the places that are more fun than doing stuff.