Sure you've heard dogs aren't supposed to eat candy. Maybe you've even heard they're LETHAL! What is truth and what's fiction? How come you've given your dog candy before and it's not hurt? Read below for answers!

  • 1

    Sugar-free gums, candies, toothpastes, mouthwashes, and baked goods

    You've heard candy can kill your dog and you've probably thought it was a myth. Well, SUGAR FREE treats containing xylitol (a form of sugar alcohol) literally makes dogs violently ill and can be lethal.

  • 2

    Raisins

    Raisins have a toxic element that damages the kidneys.

  • 3

    Macadamia nuts

    Macadamia nuts contain a toxic element that can cause digestive problems and in some dogs causes severe neurological disorders.

  • 4

    Beer

    Somebody always thinks it's funny to feed a dog some booze, but the hops in beer can make a dog extremely sick and their bodies do not handle alcohol well. In smaller dogs, it can cause alcohol poisoning.

  • 5

    Chocolate

    You're thinking, "I know, I know," but do you know WHY?

    One reason is pets don't do well with any level of caffeine, which chocolate contains trace amounts of. The MAIN reason is theobromine can make dogs extremely ill. WHITE CHOCOLATE contains twice the amount of brown chocolate.