7 Things Every Man Should Know By Age 21
I read an article on esquire.com about things a man should know by the age of 21. I absolutely agree with the list expect they left a few things out. Like how to cook at least one meal from scratch and being able to change a car tire. Here's the list of 7....
1. Learn to tie a tie. Even better learn how to tie a bow tie. Even better than better learn to fold a pocket square. It takes sharp dressing to another level.
2. Wear the right amount of cologne. Brilliant tip: shower, towel off, then spray your cologne on - then put your clothes on. That way the cologne is on you, not on your clothes. You have to get a little bit closer.
3. Build a fire. At the very least, know how to light a grill. A lot of guys don't like to cook that much, but even if you're 21, you can grill. You can buy a little Weber-style kettle grill for $18 at a garage sale. Get some lighter fluid. Go get some chicken thighs, pour some Italian dressing over them, and that's your marinade. Then sit around, drink a beer.
4. Know how to take care of a hungover lady. Here's what you're going to do: have some coconut water on hand. You have some delivery on speed dial so you can get her some food, and then you have one rom-com for her to watch like "Love, Actually."
5. Ask a woman on a date. A real date. And no, gentlemen, "group hang" does not qualify.
6. Enjoy the company of old people. For life advice, but also just for fun. Old men will give you the greatest fashion advice. They know how to look sharp. They know how to be put-together. They know about the pocket square.
7. The more time you spend talking about yourself and how great you are, the less great you seem. Next time you catch yourself yakking on about work, take a minute to reassess.