8 Things You Didn’t Know About Lollapalooza!
We're sending one lucky winner and a guest to Chicago for the 2014 Lollapalooza Festival Aug. 1-3 thanks to Qdoba Mexican Grill. Aside from obscure Simpsons references, here are 8 things you didn't know about the event:
- The festival was created as a farewell tour for Jane's Addiction.
- The festival ended in 1997 and was revived in 2003.
- A similar version of the festival visited Chile in 2011 and Brazil in 2002.
- More than 160,000 people attend.
- Lollapalooza is an idiom that means "an extraordinary or unusual thing."
- In the 1800s a lollapalooza was a large lollipop.
- The festival organizer first heard the word "lollapalooza" when it was used in a Three Stooges short film.
- The 1994 festival featured 70-foot-tall Buddha statues on each side of the stage.