Don’t Miss the Winthrop Rhythm & Blues Festival July 18-20, 2014
The Methow Valley is the beautiful location for the Winthrop Blues Ranch and it’s gonna be rockin’ with the blues this Friday, Saturday and Sunday (July 18-20)! We're giving away tickets on air and on Facebook -- $180 value! As a multi-year veteran of the “Winthrop Rhythm and Blues Festival” I recommend going for ALL sorts of reasons.
1. An excuse to explore the towns and scenery along the way, as well as the the frontier town of Winthrop itself.
2. Golfers should check out “Bear Creek Golf Course.” This 9-hole alpine course (that’s my term because of the elevation changes) has dramatically different tee placements from the front to back nine. If you are in shape it’s still a challenging walk, but worth it! TIP: Make your back nine tee-time when making the initial reservation. You don’t automatically get to play through.
3. “Old Schoolhouse Brewery” is great fun and delicious — both their on-site brewed beers and food. TIP: The pie-wedged shape of the building leads to a HUGE deck out back on the Chewuch River where music is played, especially during the Blues Festival weekend. So don’t get mesmerized by the taps and forget to venture further.
4. The “Emporium General Store” is a great place to pick up items you forgot to bring and they have a lunch counter and the largest hand-scooped ice cream cones you have ever seen!
5. Biking, Hiking & Fishing!
6. The Blues Ranch is the most beautiful place in the Methow Valley to catch this great 3-day event. The festival has seen as many as 75,000 “Git Yer Bluez On.”
7. The beer garden that will feature a jam session ’til 2 a.m. each day!