Getting You Into Mud Running Shape for the Black Widow Mud Run
On August 3rd, friends, families and fitness buffs from around the northwest will converge on the Horn Rapids ORV Park to take part in the Tire Factory Black Widow Mud & Sun Run. If you’re planning on testing your skills we’re gonna help you get ready to run with the mud.
If you’re wondering “how do I get into shape for a mud run?” then we’re here to help. Now most mud runs are a race and even though you’ll be timed at The Black Widow Mud Run we’re dubbing our event a CHALLENGE. So to get ready for your mud run challenge make sure to follow the recommendations below:
- Run three to four days each week
- Increase mileage by about 10 percent on one long run during each week
- Cross train on non-running days
- Allow for ample rest and stretching
- Practice a balanced diet that is high in lean protein