Now Accepting 2013 Spring & Summer Interns!
Looking for internships in the Tri-Cities or Mid-Columbia, Washington? Our radio stations are currently seeking interns for our digital department! We teach our interns cutting-edge strategies for combining traditional media with digital media. We're a cutting edge communications company employing the most up-to-date strategies and tools in the field. Anyone interested in a career in radio, journalism, public relations, marketing, blogging, social media, photography and graphic design would find what we do fascinating! Our internships are unpaid and are designed to be an educational experience. They last for three months and consist of working directly with our website editor, on-air personalities and digital marketing manager to create news and entertainment articles, take photographs, assist with digital contests and learn our social media strategies.
• Commit to interning for three months
• Commit to at least 4 hours a week and no more than 20 hours a week
• Strong writing OR photography skills
• Graphic design skills are a plus
• Video editing experience is a plus
• Owning your own laptop is a plus
- Choose your own schedule
- Become proficient in WordPress blogging software
- Learn social media strategies for marketing
- Build a news writing and/or photojournalism portfolio (optional)
- Explore different career opportunities in the radio industry
- Get exposure to contesting strategies (both online and on air)
- See marketing plans in action (ours and our clients’)
- Experience blogging and reporting news
- Earn references and meet people willing to write you letters of recommendation
- Occasional invitations to help at events like Watershed Festival, Dust Devil baseball games, concerts, mud runs, trade shows, etc.
Check out samples of work from past interns currently studying at Washington State University, University of Washington, Central Washington University and Columbia Basin College: