Stumped? Here’s 33 Gift Ideas for the Woman You Love
It's almost Christmas and you haven't shopped for your wife or girlfriend yet. You're out of ideas and are getting desperate. Do not despair, here is your salvation:
A woman once overheard that I was having trouble shopping for Valentine's Day. She said the weirdest thing: buy her shoes. I said, "What?"
"You want your lady to dress pretty for you, right?"
"Don't you think she wants to know what you think is pretty? Don't you like it when she buys you things she thinks you'll look sexy in? Trust me... shoes."
I trusted her... and the results were amazing. So at the top of my list is:
1) pair of women's boots
2) high heels (I knew a woman who ALWAYS had sexy shoes and I found out later her husband bought them)
3) a purse
Next think about stuff you could do together that is outside the realm of "your idea of fun vs. her idea of fun." Go with something you BOTH like, or is totally different.
4) a couple's massage
5) a romantic night in Seattle
6) a romantic night in Portland
7) a romantic night in Coeur d'Alene
8) rent a cabin in the woods
9) plan a date night that includes babysitter, entertainment, dinner and dessert. The planning is as much the gift as the money you spend.
10) go on a scavenger/treasure hunt to the places where you first met or first when to when you started dating.
If you're not feeling any of these ideas so far, go with something you know she would enjoy, and makes you feel uncomfortable just purchasing it. Think about it: you already have 2-3 ideas but the idea of just walking into that store makes you feel unmanly. Well, just like how changing dirty diapers and washing dishes makes you sexy, laying your man card on the line for her big gift will lead to a big payoff later:
11) gift card to her favorite stylist
12) Victoria Secret perfume (Love Spell is really popular this year)
13) tattoo gift card
14) a personalized cell phone case
15) dancing lessons (yes, you will have to go also)
16) couples massage
17) mani+pedi or pedi+ massage
18) a necklace featuring your anniversary date on it
And if you're still stumped, you may just be overlooking the obvious, safe choices:
19) gift card to have her vehicle detailed
20) concert tickets
21) movie tickets and ice cream gift card FOR HER TO USE WITH HER BFF
22) a mouse pad, blanket or canvas bag with a photo of her cat or your kids on it
23) a hand-written love letter with a cheap piece of jewelry tucked inside
24) flying lessons
25) expensive wine
Those are really solid ideas brother. If you're still stuck the problem is you or you have a really quirky woman. Maybe try to make her laugh with a DAMMIT DOLL
or make her cry with a toy from her childhood she talks about all the time but no longer owns (original My Little Ponies, a locket, or music box)
or go really sappy with a beautiful antique lamp, watch or necklace and then include a note that says, "Some things only getter more beautiful with age, like you and this watch"
or show how observant you are by finding a signed copy or special edition of her favorite book or album
or go all geeky and name a star or patch of the moon after her
or show what a stand-up family man you are by single-handedly planning a day to get new family portraits
or show how thoughtful you are by hiring a professional cleaner to do a deep clean of your home while she's at work!
And if you can afford a trip to Hawaii, Mexico or at least a cruise ship, throw out all these ideas and go with that.