Things Yakima Valley People Do In Restaurants That Drive Us Crazy
I like going to restaurants every now and again because it is nice to let someone else do the cooking for me. I love to cook, though. And when the kids and I are out in public, one of my biggest rules is that they have manners ... even if some people around them don't.
I remember a long time ago when I took the kids out to eat and I told them to chew with their mouths closed. That is a big no-no in my book. Well they didn't chew with their mouths closed, so I got up and paid for our meal -- which wasn't quite done yet -- and told the kids to get up because we were leaving. They got out to the car and were dumbfounded. Too bad. Don't be gross, and you could have finished eating.
Anyway, here is what I have found that is the worst in local restaurants:
- People who chew with their mouths open. Looking over and seeing someone else do it is far worse than seeing your own kids do it. Mine do not do it anymore in public, though. HA!
- People who let their kids run around the restaurant and say nothing to them. This is very bad manners and not good parenting.
- People who talk on their phones or let their kids do it. Completely annoying and rude.
- People who let their kids go to other people in the place and talk to them. Worse, letting them ask for food from someone else. Rude!
- People who leave a bad tip after doing all of the above!
Do you agree? Tell us in the comments below.