A family and their friend were rushed to a Yakima hospital after being found unconscious on the floor of their home because of carbon monoxide. Police got a call about a man almost passed out in his back yard and found 7 more people inside that were also unconscious from carbon monoxide. After investigating, they found the basement to have over 20 times the safe amount of CO2 and large amounts all over the house.

They say that a family friend was cutting cement with a gas powered tool without proper ventilation and that is what caused the buildup. The news reports say that the family is recovering well after their scare and police want to take this example to remind people to have CO2 detectors in their house.