Dave Grohl’s ‘Sound City: Real to Reel’ Soundtrack Streaming in Full
Now that Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl has introduced his 'Sound City' documentary to the world, the film's soundtrack has become available for streaming in full. Consisting of experimental collaborations with musical giants such as Paul McCartney, Trent Reznor, Corey Taylor and many more, the transfixing 11-track 'Sound City: Real to Reel' album is now yours to experience (listen below).
As stated by multiple publications, and proven time and time again by the musician himself, Dave Grohl truly is the hardest working man in rock. Along with the documentary's Jan. 18 premiere at the Sundance Film Festival and its cinema / video on demand release date of Feb. 1, Grohl took many of the Sound City Players from the screen onto the stage for a unique treat. We were lucky enough to absorb the collective's New York City show in person, which featured John Fogerty of Creedence Clearwater Revival fame, Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks, Nirvana's Krist Novoselic, Rage Against the Machine's Brad Wilk, and of course, Dave Grohl.
The full 'Sound City' soundtrack, which drops March 12, has just been made available for streaming in full via NPR. Along with the unforgettable 'Cut Me Some Slack' jam featuring Paul McCartney and the surviving members of Nirvana, fans can now hear all the never-before-released collaborations, all of which feature Dave Grohl. Notable tracks include 'Time Slowing Down' featuring members of Rage Against the Machine and Queens of the Stone Age, 'From Can to Can't' utilizing Slipknot's Corey Taylor, Cheap Trick and Kyuss members, and perhaps the album's crown jewel, 'Mantra,' featuring Josh Homme and Trent Reznor.
Listen to the entire 'Sound City: Real to Reel' soundtrack in the music player below.
'Sound City: Real to Reel' Soundtrack
‘Sound City’ Soundtrack Track Listing:
1. ‘Heaven and All’ – Dave Grohl with Black Rebel Motorcycle Club’s Robert Levon Been and Peter Hayes
2. ‘Time Slowing Down’ – Dave Grohl with Queens of the Stone Age’s Chris Goss and Rage Against the Machine’s Tim Commerford and Brad Wilk
3. ‘You Can’t Fix This’ – Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl, Rami Jaffee and Taylor Hawkins with Stevie Nicks
4. ‘The Man That Never Was’ – Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Nate Mendel and Pat Smear with Rick Springfield
5. ‘Your Wife Is Calling’ – Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins and Pat Smear with Queens of the Stone Age’s Alain Johannes and Fear’s Lee Ving
6. ‘From Can to Can’t’ – Dave Grohl with Slipknot and Stone Sour’s Corey Taylor, Cheap Trick’s Rick Nielsen and Kyuss’ Scott Reeder
7. ‘Centipede’ – Dave Grohl with Queens of the Stone Age’s Joshua Homme, Chris Goss and Alain Johannes
8. ‘A Trick With No Sleeve’ – Dave Grohl with Queens of the Stone Age’s Joshua Homme and Alain Johannes
9. ‘Cut Me Some Slack’ – Paul McCartney with Nirvana’s Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic and Pat Smear
10. ‘Once Upon a Time … The End’ – Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl and Rami Jaffee with violinist Jessy Greene and drummer Jim Keltner
11. ‘Mantra’ – Dave Grohl with Queens of the Stone Age’s Joshua Homme and Nine Inch Nails’ Trent Reznor