Downtown Kennewick Fire was Apartments and Businesses
About 5:45 a.m. this morning (Friday) fire broke out in a building on Cascade Street in downtown Kennewick. From our radio studios, we could see the plume of smoke, and there was much speculation on social media as to exactly what was on fire.
The photo above from just outside our studios on West A St. in Pasco shows the smoke plume, but earlier there were reports of a glow that lit up the area.
As I said, the fire was on Cascade St. and it was a building between Canal St. and Kennewick Avenue. That building had at least a few businesses located inside, a massage parlor, a salon, and a janitorial service.
There are also apartments in that building, and about 10 people made it out safely, with one going to the hospital for smoke inhalation. Firefighters also rescued a dog from the building. More details and video below from our news partner, and NBC Right Now, and photos from Kennewick Firefighters on Facebook.
LOOK: Famous Historic Homes in Every State
Here are 50 of your favorite retail chains that no longer exist.