Famous Beers Americans Aren’t Drinking Anymore
You might be surprised about some beer brands you've heard of that we're just not drinking anymore, according to a new study. Now, in America, there's a ratio of three craft breweries to every one American, so are mainstream beers no longer viable?
Bud Light Lime sales are down 35% over the past five years . . . Keystone Light is down 26% . . . and Miller High Life is down 24%.
The website 24/7 Wall Street analyzed brewski sales going back to 2012 to figure out the brands, frankly, we're just not drinking anymore. The top 10:
1. Bud Light Lime. Sales are down 35.5% over the past five years. Never a fan.
2. Keystone Light, down 26.2%
3. Miller High Life, down 24.1%.
4. Natural Light, down 23%.
5. Budweiser, down 22.2%.
6. Natural Ice, down 20.9%. No! Not Natty Ice!
7. Busch, down 19.7%. Enjoyed their simple Super Bowl spot last Feb...Buusssscchhh
8. Bud Light, down 13.4%. Dilly Dilly! Dilly Dally on Consumption!
9. Miller Lite, down 12.6%.
10. Icehouse, down 6.6%.
So what are we drinking to replace them? Obviously craft beers are huge, but some macrobrews are also seeing big growth. The sales numbers for Stella Artois and Modelo are both up over 200% in the past five years.