A 3-year-old Franklin County boy wound up in deep doo-doo last weekend when he fell into a septic tank that was not closed properly. The kiddo survived, thank God, but it's scary to think of someone dying like that. I think I would rather be eaten by a shark that die in a pile of crap! Poor kid. But I am glad he's OK.

The jokes write themselves, but this is serious stuff to Benton-Franklin Health District officials, who are warning homeowners to make sure their septic tanks are secured. Several toddlers around Washington haven't been as fortunate as this boy was.

Check out the full story at the Tri-Cities Herald -- and remember to lock your septic tank so everyone is safe from your crap.