Local Free Meal Program Continues During Summer Break
Summer is around the corner and the Walla Walla Public Schools will be participating in the USDA Summer Meal Program. The schools will continue offering free meals to all children age 1-18, Monday-Friday at 17 schools, and community sites through August 28th.
The daily meals include a USDA approved sack lunch and breakfast for each child.
You can pick up meals at whichever site is most convenient.
Parents may also pick up meals for their students without students being present.
The City of Walla Walla Parks & Rec program is assisting with the program by providing training and non-school delivery service.
Summer Meal Service Pick Up Locations & Times
School Locations, beginning June 22
- Sharpstein Elementary (Howard St side) – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Blue Ridge Elementary (Southside entrance – back of school) – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Garrison Middle School (front of the school) – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Edison Elementary (front of school) – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Green Park Elementary (near gym entrance) – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Lincoln HS (4th St side) – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Prospect Point Elementary( ) -11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Berney Elementary ( ) -11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Community Locations beginning June 22
- Vista Terrace Park – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Washington Park – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Veteran's Memorial Park – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Villa Lindo – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Kiwanis Park – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Beginning July 1
- YMCA – 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Pioneer Park - 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Jefferson Park – 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Walla Walla Library – 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.