WA Driver Licensing Offices Reopening by Appointment
Driver licensing offices, largely closed since March 31 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, will reopen by appointment only in a series of stages beginning Monday, June 22 according to a press release from the DOL.
According to the press release, health and safety measures will be taken by the Department of Licensing to help protect both employees and customers at all locations and our Kennewick office is on the official list to reopen.
The following offices will be the first to reopen for services that can be obtained only in person:
- Federal Way
- Moses Lake
- Union Gap
- Vancouver North
DOL Customers are urged to go online or call the DOL Customer Service Center (360-902-3900), if possible, to get what they need.
Appointments are for customers who cannot complete their transactions online, by phone, or by mail.
With social distancing in place, offices will be operating at significantly reduced capacity and appointments will be limited.
Services offered by appointment only include:
- First-time driver license, including knowledge and skills testing (where offered)
- First-time identification card
- Enhanced driver license (EDL) and enhanced ID (EID)
- Instruction permit
- Commercial driver license (CDL) and commercial learner permit (CLP)
- Agricultural permit, including knowledge and skills testing (where offered)
- Reinstatement, including knowledge and skills testing (where offered)
- Occupational restricted license
- Driver training school instructor test
If you have any doubt about what you need, just call the Department Of Licensing for more details online here.