Finally! Benton and Franklin Counties Immediately Go to Phase 2
This afternoon, Gov. Jay Inslee announced that effective immediately, BOTH Benton and Franklin Counties are to proceed to Phase 2 of the Washington State Safe Start Program.
While Safe Start still remains paused, there has been a leveling out in COVID risk between Benton and Franklin counties and the rest of the state since the pause took effect in July, according to a statement from the Governor's office. "Under the circumstances, the governor believes it is appropriate to align these 5 counties (Benton, Franklin, Yakima, Douglas and Chelan) with the rest of the region."
Click here to find out what-means-what in each Phase of the Governor's Safe Start Plan.
- Sign a business pledge that they will follow all COVID-19 guidance.
- Complete a COVID-19 Safety Plan - and submit it by email or in person to the county in which the business is licensed.
- Post the COVID-19 Safety Plan at the front of the business.
- Require face coverings for employees and customers and post signs that face coverings are required.
Plans must be submitted to the county in which the business is licensed.
- Benton County – email firstname.lastname@example.org or drop in yellow postal box at Benton-Franklin Health District.
- Franklin County – drop in the Franklin County Treasurer drop box located in courthouse “COVID 19 Business Plans” or email to email@example.com.
Business/activities not listed may not move from their status in Modified Phase 1 including but not limited to:
- Retail events such as receptions, holiday bazaars, craft shows, networking events, sporting events with spectators, and live entertainment.
The Department of Health's Washington Non-Healthcare COVID-19 Workplace Guidance information is available here.
Here are some activities that are now fine and dandy.
- Some adult and youth sports
- Some outdoor recreation like races with more than 12 participants
- Remaining Manufacturing
- Additional Construction Phases
- In-home services (nannies and cleaning)
- League-play Bowling
- Libraries and Museums at 25% capacity
- Movie theaters at 25% capacity
- Personal Services (Hair and nail salons, Barbershops, tattoo parlor, etc.) at 50% capacity
- Restaurants at 50% capacity
- Limited indoor fitness and training
- Indoor services at 25% room capacity or 200 people whichever is less