West Richland Police — Important Fireworks Safety Tips For ALL
West Richland and the City of Richland are where you can go in Benton County to fire off on the 4th of July, Benton County as well. NOT the City of Kennewick. NO in Franklin County, but legal ground only fireworks inside Pasco City Limits.
And remember, ground only in Richland too, check before you blow them off. Fireworks may be legally discharged beyond the holiday til 11pm July 5. Now, for the tips. West Richland (and other agencies) STRONGLY suggest you follow these tips:
1. Fireworks packaged in brown paper are made for professional displays – avoid buying.
2. Always have an adult supervise fireworks activities, especially with sparklers.
3. Back up to a safe distance immediately after lighting fireworks.
4. Never point or throw fireworks at another person.
5. Keep a bucket of water or a garden hose handy in case of fire and to douse used fireworks before discarding in trash.
6. Never allow young children to play or ignite fireworks.
7. Never carry fireworks in a pocket or shoot them off in metal or glass containers.
8. Never try to re-light or pickup fireworks that have not ignited fully.
9. Never place a part of your body directly over a firework device when lighting.
10. Make sure fireworks are legal in your area before buying or using them.
That last one is pretty important. Yes, we know many are going to really go all out due to no public shows in B-F County. Just be smart and safe.