‘Kids’ Vaccines Boost Numbers at Benton Fairgrounds, Say Officials
According to officials wrapping up the data from last week's vaccines at the Benton County Fairgrounds, (the week ending May 15) the expansion of vaccines to children ages 12-15 has resulted in noticeable increases in shots.
Nearly 3,000 vaccines were administered during the last week, and officials had this to say about the 12-15 group:
"There was a definite increase in activity in the past three days with the added eligibility of the 12-15 year age group."
It's interesting to note when Gov. Inslee opened up vaccinations to everyone 16-and-older (regardless of health conditions) it was expected there would be a large increase or rush from citizens.
Although numbers did flicker upwards, the expected 'tidal wave' never occurred. But now already officials say with children being approved, they're already seeing increases. Authorities did not specifically list how many of the vaccine recipients last week were in that 12-15 age group.
There's also increased availability for those seeking the Johnson-Johnson vaccine, with the Fairgrounds providing 'special' windows. They include:
- "Tuesday 5/18: 10 AM – 4 PM o Johnson & Johnson Clinic: 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM
- • Wednesday 5/19: 11 AM – 8 PM o Johnson & Johnson Clinic: 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- • Thursday 5/20: 10 AM – 4 PM o Johnson & Johnson Clinic: 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM
- • Friday 5/21: 11 AM – 8 PM o Johnson & Johnson Clinic: 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- • Saturday 5/22: 9 AM – 12 PM (Noon) o Johnson & Johnson Clinic: 10:00 PM – 12:00 PM."
For those seeking more vaccine information, click on the button below.
Goosebumps and other bodily reactions, explained