Here Are Ways to Help Taylor Bridge Fire Victims & Firefighters
Four miles northwest of Ellensburg and four miles southeast of Cle Elum, the Taylor Bridge fire has already burned approximately 60 structures and over 28,000 acres. There are many businesses and organizations offering to collect donations for the victims and the fire departments. We asked people to share with us opportunities they knew of to help.
Visit Taylor Bridge Fire relief efforts on Facebook:
Here’s the list you sent us:
1. All money collected at the Badger Mountain Park 5k run will be given to the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund that will help the families affected by the devastating fires in Cle Elum and Ellensburg. The race will be held Sat, Sept. 8 at 9 a.m. (with check-in starting at 8 a.m.) at Badger Mountain Park (350 Keene, Richland). Donations will be collected on race day but there is no set fee for the race; just whatever you are comfortable donating. Please email Katy Clawson at KatyLC1325@hotmail.com to register and to be entered into a drawing that will take place immediately following the run!
2. The Kittitas Fairgrounds are working to organize donations and is in need of volunteers to help with cleaning out stalls, to offer the use of horse trailers, etc. Their number is 509-933-8236 to volunteer or help.
3. Gatorade, water, vet supplies, and non-perishable food items can be dropped off at The Grooming Retreat in West Richland on Van Giesen. Call Cindy at (509) 967-5030. Small or large, it doesn’t matter.
4. Smith’s Marketplace in Richland is taking donated items thru Friday, 8/17 (we will be delivering them Saturday morning).
5. To donate to displaced animals, checks may be made out to: Friends of the Kittitas County Fairgrounds. Your memo note should be for: Taylor Bridge Fire Animal Victims. Deposits may be made at Cashmere Valley Bank, or dropped off at the Fair Office, Kittitas County Chamber of Commerce or Old Mill Country Store.
6. Donations for victims of the Taylor Bridge fire can be dropped off at the Kittitas County Chamber of Commerce at 7th and Main St. in Ellensburg.
7. The Ellensburg Holiday Inn is housing victims of this fire and is asking for donations of clean, gently-used clothing. Their number is 509-962-9400.
8. The American Red Cross can organize your donations to reach where they are needed most. Their number is 509-925-5866. This is the local chapter and not the national organization. The most pressing needs are: Cash or check donations to the Red Cross; veterinarian
medical supplies; Gas cards for volunteer drivers; Non-perishable food items. Please no furniture or other household items at this time.