Powerball Jackpot Swells To $360 Million What Are Your Odds Of Winning?
I know the odds of winning the Power-ball tonight are slim to none but I can dream right? Got me thinking what is the actual likelihood of winning? Here are some amazing statistics about the lottery! Just to be safe I purchased one of each game available! Good Luck...
The odds of winning the Powerball jackpot are about 1 in 175 million. To put that in perspective, here’s a list of things more likely to happen to you:
• Becoming a movie star (1 in 1.5 million)
• Hitting a hole in one on consecutive par-three golf holes (1 in 156 million)
• Being struck by lightning in your lifetime (1 in 10,000) or in a given one-year period (1 in 1 million)
• Randomly picking the name of one specific female in the U.S. (1 in 157 million)
• Getting attacked by a shark (1 in 11.5 million) or drowning at the beach (1 in 2 million). Being killed by a shark though, is less likely than a lottery win.
• Being involved in a car-deer collision in Hawaii (1 in 6,267)
• Being killed by a mountain lion in California (1 in 36 million) or dying from SARS anywhere in the U.S. (1 in 100 million)
• Dying from a college or high school football injury (1 in 59 million), from a bee sting (1 in 6.1 million) or by drowning in a bathtub (1 in 840,000)
• Being crushed by a vending machine (1 in 112 million)
• Being killed by radiation from a nearby nuclear meltdown (1 in 10 million)
• Becoming the president of the United States (1 in 10 million)
• Giving birth to identical quadruplets (1 in 15 million)
• Dying from using a right-handed product incorrectly if you are left-handed (1 in 4.4 million)
• Picking a perfect NCAA March Madness bracket (1 in 13.5 million)
• Being canonized (1 in 20 million)
• Becoming an astronaut (1 in 12.1 million)
• Being killed by a venomous animal or plant (1 in 3.4 million)
• Being killed by falling airplane parts (1 in 10 million)