Cooking The Culprit in Kennewick House Fire
Kennewick fire crews say the home sustained significant interior damage, a lot of it from smoke, but nobody was hurt.
Tuesday afternoon, crews were called to this home near West 4th Place and South Dawes Street about a fire that apparently started in the kitchen area. Crews were able to get it put out, but not before the home was damaged.
Officials didn't say what the specific food culprit was, but the fire is believed to have started in the kitchen, in most cases such as this, something on the stove got out of control or was left unattended.
Due to holidays, Fire crews see a lot more incidents like this because of increased cooking in the kitchen, they remind people to never leave food unattended on the stove top and to have a working fire extinguisher close by.