Investigation Shows Teens Tragic Death Due to Faulty Wiring!
Investigators have closed the case on the Tragic accidental death of 15 year old Cole Grad and are saying faulty wiring of a water pump was the cause of the electrical shock which then led to the victim drowning in the Columbia River last August 10th.
A report from the state Department of Labor & Industries shows that a cable “went to ground,” energizing the outside case of the motor. The faulty wiring made it so a breaker couldn’t be tripped to stop the electricity from flowing.“Contact with any part of the motor, pump or suction line and any other grounded surface would most likely cause enough current flow to produce an electric shock,” the report said.
The family of Cole Grad have set up a GOFUNDME and have raised just over $32,000 to date:
It is with heavy hearts that we share: Cole Grad died tragically on Thursday, August 10th in Pasco, WA as a result of an electrical accident while swimming with his friends in the Columbia River. He was just 15 years old. Firefighters, paramedics, and the Kadlec Hospital staff went above and beyond to try to bring Cole back to us but were unsuccessful.
Family and friends are seeking your prayers, as well as your donations to help Cole’s family with medical expenses and funeral costs.